If you haven’t stepped into the wonderful world of alkaline water, come inside, the door is open. Whether you’re the athletic type or just enjoy sitting out in your spare time, consuming alkaline water is said to have more than a few health benefits than regular bottled water, which we’ll cover at the end – so don’t stay here.
The main selling point of alkaline water is its higher pH. This is said to improve your body function and results in better overall hydration. Additionally, ionized water is said to lower acidity levels in the body, which can prevent diseases and provide a host of other health benefits. Below is a list of the best alkaline waters you can find online.
Why Is Alkaline Water Good For You?
It is very important to note that the difference between alkaline water and ordinary pure drinking water is the pH level. Alkaline water has a higher pH level, and some brands often reach levels as high as 9.5+. Different studies have linked alkaline water to various benefits. Alkaline water is believed to reduce acid in the bloodstream, increase energy, improve digestion, and slow aging, as explained by WebMD. These benefits are attributed to its increased hydrogen, which provides better hydration than regular water.
One study found that high pH water helps replace old bone cells with new ones. This helps increase the mineral density in the bones, resulting in better bone health. According to scientists, the best alkaline bottled water to achieve such results should be rich in bicarbonate and calcium.
In a 2016 study, researchers found that alkaline water lowers blood viscosity. As a result, this helped to minimize cardiovascular strain during long periods of dehydration. This property is also linked to low high blood sugar, high blood pressure, and high blood lipids, as Shanghai scientists reported. While you can easily buy bottled alkaline water, you can still get a water ionizer system that allows you to make alkaline water at home. Such systems come in different options and designs – with some you can easily turn your regular water into alkaline waters.
Benefits of Alkaline Water
Alkaline is a great way to neutralize an acidic body, which can help those who consume high-acid foods such as sugar, dairy, and red meat. You also have a great source of clean and pure water for all your hydration needs, whether at the gym or throughout the day.
The benefits of alkaline water are:
- Optimum hydration: Keep yourself hydrated and developed for all these sport-specific and daily needs. Important for bodily functions, hydration is absolutely key to a healthy lifestyle.
- Help detox: Remove toxins that can cause fatigue, bloating, inflammation, and dehydration.
- Weight loss aid: Consistently drinking water throughout the day can help when it comes to curbing your appetite so you don’t feel the need to snack, leading to weight loss.
- Provides antioxidants: Try to stay away from harmful free radicals and pump yourself up with all those vital antioxidants.
- Improve metabolism and digestion: For the best in terms of digestion, give your body what it needs to see healthy metabolic support and proper gut health.
- Potential longevity: Studies have shown that alkaline water can help provide long life and give you a better quality of life.
Best Alkaline Waters 2022
We’ve put together a list of the Best Alkaline Waters for 2022 so you have the best chance at seeing hydration success with only the cleanest and most pure sources of water.
1. Best Alkaline Water With Electrolytes: Essentia Ionized Alkaline 9.5 PH Water
4.8 out of 5 stars (13,276)
With a pH of 9.5, silky softness, and extra electrolytes, Essentia Water gets the best choice for alkaline waters. It’s also the only premium bottled water listed in the Physicians’ Desk Reference and clinically shown to hydrate better than regular tap water. However, the clinical trial was funded by Essentia Water, so there may be a conflict of interest.
Unlike some alkaline waters that are treated with harsh chemicals, Essentia is purified through a proprietary microfiltration process and reverse osmosis. The water goes through a three-part ionization process where it is purified, traces of electrolytes are added, and then bitter taste ions are removed. Added electrolytes — bicarbonate, potassium, magnesium, and calcium — contribute to the clean, smooth flavor.
2. Best Mineral Alkaline Water: Perfect Hydration Alkaline Water
4.7 out of 5 stars (4,976)
Mineral-filled alkaline water offers a unique chance to get extra doses of these precious minerals that we all need to thrive.
Perfect Hydration is supercharged water using a 9-stage filtration process. With enhanced minerals and electrolytes, this water is purified and ionized so you get the best possible benefits. Locally sourced and purified electrolyte minerals add flavor with no sodium, chlorine, fluorine, or harmful additives to ruin this great product. Given its emphasis on minerals, Perfect Hydration is a great choice if that’s your focus.
3. Best Alkaline Water For Hydration & Performance: Waiakea Naturally Alkaline Hawaiian Volcanic Water
4.8 out of 5 stars (5,682)
When it comes to hydration and performance, the right alkaline water can energize, refuel and deliver your best, so all you have to do is grind.
Waiakea water comes from Hawaii from the top of the mountains. The water is then filtered through thousands of feet of volcanic rock and is naturally obtained. Volcanic rock enriches it with minerals and electrolytes and offers a pH of 8.2. With a crisp taste and smooth mouthful, this mineral- and electrolyte-rich water is perfect for hydration and performance.
Waiakea Naturally Alkaline Hawaiian Volcanic Water is premium in nature with minerals and electrolytes to keep you hydrated for maximum performance.
4. Best Filtered: Core Hydration Nutrient Enhanced Water
4.8 out of 5 stars (23,838)
If you’re looking for a refreshing, filtered water taste with all the benefits of alkaline water, CORE Hydration is a perfect choice. The CORE is only slightly alkalized at pH 7.4, but you can still enjoy the potential benefits of alkalization. CORE filters your water to make sure you’re drinking only the nutrients you need, so you’ll never find any traces of fluoride, chromium, arsenic, or chlorine.
The versatile CORE bottle comes with a large lid that doubles as a cup for easy drinking. The large 30.4-ounce bottle can help you easily reach your hydration goals. The bottles are BPA-free and 100% recyclable, so you know you’re making a responsible choice, even if they’re disposable.
5. Best Alkaline Water For Indigestion: Smartwater Alkaline Water
4.7 out of 5 stars (1,540)
Indigestion is just annoying, but the right alkaline water that works to alleviate those indigestion needs can be a game-changer.
Smartwater is pureness you can taste and hydration you can feel, only to maximize your gains. Steam distilled for purity, added electrolytes allow for greater hydration and effective replenishment of lost stores. It is clear, clean water that you will definitely love from a company that wants to make acid-free water with a pH greater than 9. Smartwater is a really nice choice for those who want to improve indigestion and daily fitness.
Smartwater Alkaline is purity you can taste with clear, clean water that you can enjoy with added electrolytes.
6. Best Budget: BodyArmor SportWater Alkaline Water
4.7 out of 5 stars (2,778)
With a pH level of 9+, this BodyArmor SportWater Alkaline Water is ideal for those seeking highly alkaline water. The proprietary electrolyte formula is designed to provide active people with the best hydration option. The bottle has a wide mouth for faster hydration and is filled with different ingredients such as calcium chloride, potassium bicarbonate, and magnesium chloride.
7. Best Antioxidant-Infused: Bai Antioxidant Water
4.8 out of 5 stars (1,136)
Super purified using reverse osmosis technology, Bai Antioxidant Water is superior alkaline water with a pH of 7.5 or higher. Electrolytes, including potassium and magnesium, help increase hydration and contribute to a clean, crunchy taste.
Bai Antioxidant Water is not only pH-balanced and electrolyte-rich but also selenium-infused. Each 8-ounce serving contains 10% of the recommended daily value of selenium, a natural antioxidant that may play a role in preventing cancer, cardiovascular disease, and cognitive decline.
Antioxidants like selenium work to reduce inflammation in the body by fighting free radicals. Reaching for Bai Antioxidant Water after a tough workout may aid recovery, as research suggests that selenium supplementation can help reduce exercise-induced oxidant stress.
8. Best Machine: APEC Water Systems Alkaline Mineral Ph+ Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Filter System
4.7 out of 5 stars (2,892)
While buying bottled alkaline waters is a good temporary solution, buying plastic bottles for a long time is not only expensive but also harmful to the environment. If you’re determined to drink alkaline water, upgrade your home filtration system with this water filter system from APEC. Through a six-step process, this machine purifies your water to remove harmful substances and unpleasant tastes and then mineralizes your drinking water with calcium to increase alkalinity.
While purchasing this system may seem like a big investment, it will be worth it in the long run because you’ll save money on buying individual-use bottles as well. Reviewers note that the system is designed for the average DIY homeowner, as it’s easy to install and maintain.
9. Best Portable: GoFiltr Alkaline Water Filter
4.2 out of 5 stars (1,103)
If you’re looking for a simple way to enjoy alkaline water without using extra plastic, a portable alkaline filter is a great choice. This reusable option from GoFiltr makes ionized alkaline water in any bottle, including most reusable water bottles, hydration packs, and water pouches with a one-inch or larger opening. The handy, easy-to-carry filter is powerful enough to filter up to 40 ounces at a time, and each filter lasts up to three months.
Place the filter inside your favorite water bottle and fill it with water. The high-quality filter uses all-natural, proprietary granules infused with magnesium, potassium, calcium, trace minerals, and electrolytes to turn tap water into alkaline water in about 15 minutes. The filter creates ionized antioxidant mineral alkaline water with a pH of up to 9.5 and removes potentially harmful heavy metals.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing Alkaline Waters
Before you buy your alkaline water, there are some important factors to consider so that you get the best possible product.
- Quality and Resource: Your water must be of the highest quality and its source must be clean and natural. These products in our list above reflect this and are very solid choices for your alkaline water.
- Company Reputation: The company behind the product must invest 100% to give you the best, and their reputation matters. Don’t settle for the average company and only look for the best.
- pH levels: A reputable company and properly sourced product will have appropriate pH levels, but be sure to check this at all times.
- General Price: Supplements, food, and drinks can be expensive, but there are products out there that are at the right price. It’s certainly possible to find a quality supplement without totally breaking the bank.
How Do We Choose the Best Alkaline Water?
As we look at the best alkaline water, we focus on the brand, to begin with. Any company that provides food, beverage, or supplements should put quality over quantity. Your health is important and the brand should represent it. We then look at the pH level and how clean the source is. This is important for a number of bodily functions and can affect you on multiple levels. Finally, we look at the price. We know you want to spend as little money as possible on the best products, and that’s totally understandable. This list reflects the best products that won’t break the bank but will still give you high-quality water.
What is the best alkaline waters?
Northern Cold. Northern Chill is bottled in Wisconsin from an aquifer created by glaciers. Naturally produced with 7.8 pH alkaline, this water is also filled with valuable minerals and electrolytes and offers a creamy taste.
What does pH mean?
This refers to a measure of how acidic or how alkaline the water is. On the scale of 0-14, 7 is our neutral number, and anything less becomes more acidic, while anything larger becomes more basic.
Can alkaline water help my athletic goals?
Staying hydrated can definitely help your athletic goals. Keeping you hydrated can boost your energy, improve focus and clarity, and allow you to see grinds and gains in and out of the gym.
Alkaline waters are a great resource to keep you hydrated and only see the best gains around. Knowing how much water to drink and how to take the best care of ourselves can change the game when it comes to seeing the gains we most want. Remember to always make sure the brand is reputable and working for you because you deserve the best for your health and education. Check out the above list of Best Alkaline Waters and set yourself up for the ultimate success.
You May Also Like>>
- Best HGH Supplements in 2022: Human Growth hormone Supplements
- The 10 Best Pre Workout Supplements for Women in 2022
- 12 Best Meal Replacement Shakes For Men And Women of 2022
- 7 Best Pre Workouts for CrossFit Athletes 2022 Reviews
- Kurylas, A.; et al. (2017). “The Effectiveness of Alkaline Waters in Hydrating Athletes”. (source)
- Thornton, S. (2016). “Increased Hydration Can Be Associated with Weight Loss”. (source)
- Popkin, B.; et al. (2010). “Water, Hydration and Health”. (source)
- Magro, M.; et al. (2016). “Alkaline Water and Longevity: A Murine Study”. (source)
- Chycki J, Kurylas A, Maszczyk A, Golas A, Zajac A. Alkaline waters improves exercise-induced metabolic acidosis and enhances anaerobic exercise performance in combat sport athletes. PLoS ONE. 2018;13(11):e0205708. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0205708
- Weidman J, Holsworth RE, Brossman B, Cho DJ, St.Cyr J, Fridman G. Effect of electrolyzed high-pH alkaline water on blood viscosity in healthy adults. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2016;13:45. doi:10.1186/s12970-016-0153-8
- National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements. Selenium Fact Sheet for Health Professionals.
- Savory LA, Kerr CJ, Whiting P, Finer N, McEneny J, Ashton T. Selenium supplementation and exercise: effect on oxidant stress in overweight adults. Obesity. 2012;20(4):794-801. doi:10.1038/oby.2011.83
- Water Systems Council. pH in drinking water.
- Koufman J, Johnston N. Potential benefits of pH 8.8 alkaline drinking water as an adjunct in the treatment of reflux disease. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2012;121(7):431-4. doi:10.1177/000348941212100702
- Weidman J, Holsworth R, Brossman B, Cho D, St. Cyr J. Effect of electrolyzed high-pH alkaline water on blood viscosity in healthy adults. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2016;13:45. doi:10.1186/s12970-016-0153-8