It’s important to note that research on foliage powder is limited and is often done by individual companies to support label claims. Unbiased studies show that nutritional supplements have little or no health benefits. However, Green superfood powder supplements contain some of the same health-promoting properties as fresh fruits and vegetables, such as antioxidants, vitamins, and polyphenols.
When it comes to supplements, probably nothing is more confusing than buying Green superfood powder supplements. With so many different ingredients in every green juice mix (including some really weird ingredients you’ve probably never heard of!), how do you know what the best Green superfood powder supplements are?
This guide is to help you understand the best green superfood powder to get your superfood blend that contains the nutrients you need, fits your budget, and hopefully tastes good!
10 Best Green Superfood Powder Supplements 2022
How Do We Choose Supplements? We support supplements that are evidence-based and science-based, as well as clinically tested and approved for use in humans. We value certain product attributes that we find associated with top-quality products. These attributes include non-GMO, organic, and allergy-friendly products that contain most artificial ingredients, including colors, flavors, preservatives, and sweeteners. Whenever possible, we recommend products that have been tested and approved by third parties.
It’s important to note that the FDA does not review dietary supplements for safety and effectiveness before they hit the market. Our team of experts has created a detailed, science-backed methodology for selecting the supplements we recommend.
Here are the best greens powders on Amazon:
1. Best Overall: Nested Naturals Super Greens #1 Green Superfood Powder
4.4 out of 5 stars (15,480)
Best for: Those who want a green beverage that boosts nutritional value without spending a fortune.
Nested Naturals (formerly IntraNaturals) is one of the best-selling green supplements, mostly because of its affordable price.
For an inexpensive green superfood powder, it’s loaded with 8 grams of nutrients per scoop that will energize you and keep your body healthy. More than 40 ingredients are divided into blends: Alkalizing, immune, antioxidant, enzyme, probiotics, and fiber blends. It’s kind of annoying that these are custom mixes, so you don’t know how much each ingredient is. However, the ingredients are all high quality and contain probiotics and bromelain for enhanced bioavailability.
- 8 grams per scoop
- 30 servings
- more than 40 components
- 150 CFU of probiotics
- 1000mg of spirulina
- 3400mg green blend
- Alkalizing, immune, antioxidant, enzyme, probiotic, and fiber blends
2. Greens First Nutrient Rich-Antioxidant Superfood
4.7 out of 5 stars (2,248)
Best for: People who want to lose weight or need to detox their liver.
You will notice some content in this green supplement that is not typically found in others. For example, thistle seed extract is great for detoxifying the liver. Turmeric helps reduce inflammation. Beetroot extract helps improve performance.
The combination of these ingredients is ideal for anyone who wants to lose weight or has too much toxic buildup in their body. It contains stevia, so the taste is quite sweet.
- 4 grams per scoop
- 30 servings
- over 45 materials
- 15 servings of fruit and vegetables
- Greens, vegetable, OxiSure, fiber, enzyme and probiotic blends
3. Best Organic: Garden of Life Superfood Juiced Greens Powder
4.5 out of 5 stars (6,030)
No one ever said green powders were delicious, so many brands add stevia to their powder to boost flavor and sweetness. Garden of Life’s Raw Organic Perfect Food Green Superfood Juiced Greens Powder is the best green powder overall as it is free of stevia and other sweeteners. In other words, they keep it simple.
Containing 40 raw, organically grown, non-GMO greens, Garden of Life dries your greens at low temperatures and locks in all the powerful nutrients.
Featured superfoods: Probiotics, organic broccoli, organic spinach, organic cherry, organic flax meal | Vegan: Yes | Gluten Free: Yes | Non-GMO: Yes | Organic: Yes | Additives: None
4. Best With Probiotics: Vibrant Health Green Vibrance Plant-Based Superfood Powder
4.7 out of 5 stars (6,459)
On the market for over 25 years, Green Vibrance is a trusted source for powerful nutrition. In addition to six different grass species and countless fruit and vegetable sources of vitamins and minerals, Green Vibrance also includes adaptogens, digestive enzymes, and probiotics in the nutrient-rich blend.
Although the label lists 25 billion CFUs of probiotics, this amount is guaranteed at the time of manufacture, meaning the product may not have that many live bacteria once it leaves the manufacturing facility. The product is soy, dairy, and GMO-free10 but contains traces of gluten.
- 83 grams per scoop
- 30 servings
- 25 billion probiotics
- 2,880mg of cereal greens
- 1000mg of chlorella
- Greens, adaptogens, antioxidants, immune support, liver tonics, and skeleton support
5. Macro Greens Raw Green Superfood
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,633)
Best for: People with digestive issues.
When formulating the Macro Greens superfood drink, the makers took great care to ensure that common allergens were not included in the mix. The superfood also contains many ingredients that can support digestive health, such as ginger, licorice, and probiotics.
If you have digestive issues, this green drink is worth a try. Just be warned that some people with IBS or SIBO don’t respond well to green drinks because the probiotics and fiber can upset their gut bacteria.
- 4 grams per serving
- 18 billion probiotics
- 38 materials
- baby barley grass base
- 5+ servings of fruit and vegetables
- Greens, probiotics, antioxidant, adaptogen, fiber, supplement, and enzyme blends
6. Best Organic: Athletic Greens Premium Green Superfood Cocktail
4.5 out of 5 stars (2,927)
Best for: Athletes and people with demanding daily lives who can really use the extra energy and nutrition.
All around, Athletic Greens is considered one of the best green juice powders for its high-quality ingredients, well-balanced blends, and nutritional support. The only complaint I have about it (and shared by many other users) is that the green powder is expensive.
Despite its high price, many reviewers say they will continue to use Athletic Greens as they can feel a difference in health and energy levels after using them. On the plus side, if you’re taking Athletic Greens, you can probably skip your daily multivitamin and save money that way.
- 12 grams per serving
- 30 servings
- Protein, vitamins and minerals
- Alkaline mix 8453mg
- A blend of nutrients, botanicals and antioxidants 3569mg
- Digestive enzyme and fungal complex 233mg
- 2 billion probiotics
7. Best Budget: Garden of Life Vegan Green Raw Superfood Powder
4.6 out of 5 stars (25,242)
Best for: People who are serious about organic superfoods.
Garden of Life is a very well-known company for its high-quality raw organic supplements. Choosing raw supplements means more nutrients remain intact and the body is better able to absorb them. Because it’s a certified organic greens superfood, you can rest assured that there are no GMOs or chemicals in the mix.
An important thing to note about Green Raw Superfood Powder is that it does not contain any green tea extract or other caffeinated energy boosters. Therefore, do not expect it to immediately energize you. It takes time for your body to absorb and use nutrients at the cellular level. After about 2-4 weeks, you should start to feel the benefits of this organic superfood juice due to the improved nutrition it provides.
Considering this is one of the best organic green superfood juices, it’s good value. After opening, store in the refrigerator or freezer so that the raw nutrients remain active.
- 11 grams per scoop
- 60 servings
- Vitamins, minerals, greens blend, antioxidants, sprout blend, raw probiotics, and enzymes
8. Orgain Organic Green Superfoods Powder
4.5 out of 5 stars (16,495)
Getting started with Best for Humans green superfoods.
If it’s organic green nutrition you’re looking for, Amazing Grass Green Superfood has you covered. It has a pretty high amount of organic greens and some other supporting ingredients per serving (5.7 grams).
Don’t expect too much in terms of other superfoods, though. The ingredient list is pretty simple (at least compared to what some expensive super greens contain!). However, due to its price and high amount of greens per serving, this is one of the best organic superfood powders you can get.
- 8 grams per scoop
- 30 servings
- Green food, antioxidant grass, fiber, digestive enzyme, and PreProbiotic blends
- 3 servings of fruit and vegetables
9. Amazing Grass Greens Blend Superfood
4.7 out of 5 stars (19,316)
Amazing Grass Green Superfood is a convenient way for you to get all the vital food nutrients for your body. The Amazing Grass Green company started on a family farm in Kansas where they developed a green superfood blend. Green Superfood has recently changed the name of its product to Greens Blend, without changing its ingredients, as a result of a marketing effort.
This powerful Grass Greens Blend has been perfected over three generations using a simple process. First, start with a slow growth process. Amazing Grass prevents grass from growing in a tray; The grass is grown outdoors throughout the winter. Using a deep root structure ensures that the grass gets all the nutrients and essential minerals from the soil.
Finally, the Amazing Grass Green Blend can harvest grasses at their highest nutrition. The grass is then dried and preserved to lock in raw freshness and whole food nutrition. The treated grass is then ground into fine grasses, making it bioavailable and easy to digest.
Throughout this Amazing Grass Greens Superfood review, we’ll discuss further to see if it’s a product worth trying.
10. Naturo Sciences Natural Greens
4.2 out of 5 stars (2,417)
Best for: People who don’t like to eat their veggies and need more iron.
Natural Sciences Natural Greens is one of the most affordable super green drinks you can find. Of course, for the price, you can’t expect to have lots of high-quality ingredients or organic superfoods.
While not the best all-around green superfood mix, Natural Greens has a good mix of nutrients. Note the high iron content (10% of the RDA). For people who don’t get enough iron, such as vegetarians who don’t eat greens and whole grains multiple times a day, Super Greens is an easy way to get a hassle-free diet.
Be warned that iron can cause some digestive issues as you start consuming more (black stools, constipation, etc.). The fiber blend in Natural Greens counteracts these side effects. Still, it may be wise to start with a half dose until your body gets used to the superfood drink.
- 8 grams per scoop
- 30 servings
- Iron, B vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, digestive enzymes, and probiotics
- 5722 mg green superfood
Why Should You Drink a Green Superfood Drink?
Let me preface this by saying that even the best green supplement won’t make up for a poor diet. However, most of us don’t eat anywhere near the 5 to 9 daily recommended servings of fruits and vegetables. Taking a green supplement can help fill that gap.
Even people who eat a lot of fruits and vegetables can experience nutrient deficiencies due to a lack of nutrients. As a result, the prevalence of the following nutritional deficiencies is very high:
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- vitamin A
- Omega 3
This list doesn’t even include deficiencies in other nutrients like antioxidants and enzymes.
Again, if you’re on a diet of junk food, taking a superfood supplement won’t fix all these nutrient deficiencies. However, it can help fill gaps in your diet and compensate for low-quality foods.
Benefits of Taking Superfood Greens
Some people report feeling the benefits of green supplements immediately after taking them. Realistically, it will probably take a few weeks before you start to feel any benefit. Your body needs time to detox and correct nutrient deficiencies.
For example, it can take weeks to replenish depleted iron stores and form new red blood cells.
Over time, though, you should experience some of the following benefits of taking green food supplements:
- Increased energy
- Better mental clarity
- Improved immunity
- Fewer digestive problems
- Clearer skin
- Corrected nutrient deficiencies
- Less stress
Green Foods and pH Balance (Alkalized)
One of the biggest claims many of the best green supplements make is that they alkalize your body. The idea behind the alkaline diet is this: The foods you eat can change your body’s acid level. High acidity causes calcium depletion from bones and other so-called ailments.
The problem is: There is conflicting evidence as to whether the alkaline diet really has any benefits.
There is very little research to support the alkaline diet, and many will say it’s a huge scam. However, the alkaline diet (which favors fruits and vegetables while discouraging meat, dairy, and grains) has some nutritionally-only benefits.
For example, eating more greens (rich in calcium and bone-supporting vitamin K2) has been shown to prevent osteoporosis. Whether the alkalizing properties of greens have anything to do with this is still unclear.
In short: Don’t believe too many claims that green superfoods will “alkalize your body” – but that doesn’t mean they don’t actually have other benefits backed by science!
Side Effects of Superfood Green Drinks
Overall, green superfoods are very safe to take and do not cause any side effects. However, there are a few things you should know:
- Iron Content and Digestion: Some green superfoods contain high amounts of iron. Suddenly increased iron intake can cause digestive issues such as stomach upset and constipation. It can also give you darker stools.
- Allergies: Definitely avoid green superfood mixes with ingredients you’re allergic to. Few people with hay allergies sometimes report allergy symptoms when taking superfoods with some green grasses.
- SIBO and IBS: People with SIBO and IBS have an imbalanced gut flora. The probiotics and fiber in many superfood green supplements can make these problems worse. Still, in some patients, superfood powder improves IBS and SIBO symptoms. These conditions are so individual that you will need to talk to your practitioner and try it yourself.
START SLOWLY to avoid the potential negative side effects of superfood greens (or any other supplement!)! Take ¼ or ½ dose for the first few days and see how you feel. If you are not experiencing adverse side effects, gradually increase to the full dose.
How to Best Take Green Superfood Supplements
Green superfoods can be mixed with water, juice, or a smoothie. Many people choose to take it in the morning to give them energy and nutritional support throughout the day. However, it’s up to you when you want to get superfood greens.
However, there is one situation where the timing of green supplements is important: after workouts.
Do not take green superfood supplements right after a workout.
While it may seem like a smart idea to have your green drink after a workout, it actually has the opposite effect. Your body is in a state of inflammation and recovery after training. Taking green supplements during this period can inhibit your body’s ability to build muscle. Instead, wait at least 3 hours after exercising to take a green supplement. You’ll be better off with a post-workout supplement.
The Bottom Line
For a great overall greens powder, try Garden of Life’s Perfect Food Greens Powder. Its composition is free of stevia and preservatives. It contains 40 greens, so you’re sure to receive a multitude of nutrients and antioxidants.
If you’re willing to shell out a bit more and would like the added benefits of probiotics in your blend, the Vibrant Health Green Vibrance Superfood Powder is a solid choice. Aside from being a source of vitamins and minerals, it also features probiotics, prebiotics, and adaptogens.
You May Also Like>>
- Best Testosterone Boosters for Muscle Gain
- Best Post Workout Recovery Drinks
- 10 Best Egg White Protein Powders For Bodybuilding In 2022
- Best Natural Pre Workout Supplements for Men and Women
- Lee-Kwan SH, Moore LV, Blanck HM, Harris DM, Galuska D. Disparities in state-specific adult fruit and vegetable consumption – United States, 2015. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017;66(45):1241-1247. doi:10.15585/mmwr.mm6645a1
- Jenkins DJA, Spence JD, Giovannucci EL, et al. Supplemental vitamins and minerals for cvd prevention and treatment. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2018;71(22):2570-2584. doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2018.04.020
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Use of the Term Natural on Food Labeling.
- National Institutes of Health. Nutrient recommendations: dietary reference intakes.
- Otles S, Ozgoz S. Health Effects of Dietary Fiber. Acta Sci Pol Technol Aliment. 2014;13(2):191-202.
- Didari T, Mozaffari S, Nikfar S, Abdollahi M. Effectiveness of probiotics in irritable bowel syndrome: Updated systematic review with meta-analysis. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21(10):3072-3084. doi:10.3748/wjg.v21.i10.3072
- Spencer M, Gupta A, Dam LV, Shannon C, Menees S, Chey WD. Artificial sweeteners: a systematic review and primer for gastroenterologists. J Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2016;22(2):168-180. doi:10.5056/jnm15206
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration. Questions and Answers on Dietary Supplements.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture. Labeling Organic Products.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. How GMOs are Regulated.
- American Thyroid Association. Iodine Deficiency.
- National Institutes of Health. Vitamin B12.
- Sangle P, Sandhu, Aftab Z, Anthony AT, Khan S. Vitamin B12 supplementation: preventing onset and improving prognosis of depression. Cureus. 2020;12(10):e11169. doi:10.7759/cureus.11169
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Gluten Free.
- Bukhari SNA, Roswandi NL, Waqas M, et al. Hyaluronic acid, a promising skin rejuvenating biomedicine: A review of recent updates and pre-clinical and clinical investigations on cosmetic and nutricosmetic effects. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018;120(Pt B):1682-1695. doi:10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2018.09.188