Pregnancy comes with many unexpected challenges – a good night’s sleep is one of them. That’s why some pregnant women swear by supportive pregnancy pillows designed to help reduce hip and back pain, improve circulation, and prevent you from rolling on your stomach. But there are so many options that it can be hard to know which one is right for you. To help, we’ve found the best pregnancy pillows as praised by the most enthusiastic reviewers on Amazon.
How We Picked the Best Pregnancy Pillows
We looked at the top-rated pillows with the most reviews on Amazon and Buybuy Baby to find the list below. We also made sure to find pillows suitable for the various needs a pregnant person may have. While some are looking for a budget-friendly option that they can use for this limited time, others may be willing to drop the extra cash on a body pillow that can also be used decoratively long after the baby is born.
The Best Pregnancy Pillows on Amazon
One surefire way to get a pregnant person to see red is to tell the baby to “rest while you can” before the baby is born. Sure, we want to store that energy for later (as if that’s something), but for many reasons, sleeping while pregnant is difficult and uncomfortable. However, when you have a good maternity pillow or body pillow, it’s a little more likely to drift off comfortably – at least until you need to pee again or wake up from a very vivid dream where your baby is grown and demands keys for it. car. We can’t help with the latter, but we can provide you with a list of the best pregnancy pillows options available for you.
- Best-rated pregnancy pillow: Insen C Shaped Body Pillow for Pregnant Women
- Best-rated (less expensive) pregnancy pillow: Boppy Pregnancy Wedge
- Best Eco-Friendly Option: PharMeDoc Organic Pregnancy Pillow
- Best jersey U-shaped pregnancy pillow: AngQi U-Shaped Body Pregnancy Pillow With Jersey Cover
- Best velvet U-shaped pregnancy pillow: Chilling Home Pregnancy Pillow with Velvet Cover
- Best memory-foam U-shaped pregnancy pillow: Milliard U Shaped Total Body Support Pillow Memory Foam
- Best extra-long U-shaped pregnancy pillow: Meiz King-Size Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
- Best soft C-shaped pregnancy pillow: 1 Middle One Pregnancy Pillow, C Shaped Full Body Pillow
- Best firm C-shaped pregnancy pillow: Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow
- Best low-profile pregnancy body pillow: Boppy Total Body Pregnancy Pillow
1. Best-rated pregnancy pillow: Insen C Shaped Body Pillow for Pregnant Women
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,774)
Thousands of five-star reviewers – from pregnant women to non-pregnant women to men who love to be supported – find this C-shaped body pillow to be exactly what they need for a comfortable night’s sleep with a cool jersey cover. tight cotton padding. “This pillow is exactly what I was hoping to get into the second trimester of my second pregnancy,” says one reviewer. “With some improving hip pain, this brought some welcome relief.” (Obviously, reviewers who deal with other types of ailments, from back surgery recovery to fibromyalgia and inflammatory arthritis, have also found comfort in this pillow.) And another reviewer, “neither pregnant nor female,” describes it as “absolutely wonderful.” It feels like you have 6 pillows on your bed and has the added benefit of not running out when you lean on them. “This pillow can be used by anyone who finds it difficult to get a comfortable night’s sleep,” another non-pregnant reviewer wrote.
2. Best-rated (less expensive) pregnancy pillow: Boppy Pregnancy Wedge
4.6 out of 5 stars (5,027)
“I was surprised at how small this pillow was and almost returned it,” writes one reviewer, but changed her mind after using it. In fact, “I’ve been using it every night for the past 4 months and I love it.” Many reviewers thought this budget-friendly pillow was very sturdy at first, but one pregnant reviewer says, “I find it the perfect size to support my fist without taking up too much mattress real estate, and the perfect firmness to support it.” without being uncomfortable.” And reviewers say this wedge pillow works for all stages of pregnancy. “Early, I held it on my back to nudge me to sleep flat on my back, and then held it under my tummy for a little extra support.” reviewer says it’s nice to be postpartum: “Very useful as a wedge when I lie on my side to relieve pressure on my breasts (due to breastfeeding bleeding).”
3. Best Eco-Friendly Option: PharMeDoc Organic Pregnancy Pillow
4.4 out of 5 stars (68,239)
PharMeDoc U-shaped pregnancy pillows are Amazon’s best-selling maternity pillows because people love the supportive U-shape that allows side sleeping on both sides and the affordable price. This version has a cover made from 100 percent organic cotton (certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard) and is filled with 100 percent recycled polyester. Not only will you be physically comfortable, but you will know that the pillows you buy can reduce the impact of the climate catastrophe (womp womp) that our children will inherit.
“I love that it’s made from organic ingredients, especially since I spend most of my time immersed in it,” wrote one person who bought this in her second trimester. “There’s also no weird chemical smell! This pillow is my new best friend!”
4. Best jersey U-shaped pregnancy pillow: AngQi U-Shaped Body Pregnancy Pillow With Jersey Cover
4.5 out of 5 stars (7,622)
There are many letter-shaped pregnancy pillows on the market, but reviewers say the U-shape offers them the most flexibility, including those who prefer a “U-shape” over other C-curve pillows because I often like to change positions. at night and this allows you to do exactly that.” Another says that this pillow “helps me sleep more easily by supporting my back and the other side supporting my tummy and getting between my legs.” And because this AngQi U-shaped pregnancy pillow has a jersey-cotton cover, it’s “breathable, so it won’t make me sweat.” Another reviewer describes the fabric as “not super thick, which I like, but super comfortable and the fabric is soft and not scratchy at all.” Reviewers also love that the cover is washable and can be used throughout their pregnancy and beyond for “sitting in different ways, and also as a nursing pillow when baby arrives.”
5. Best velvet U-shaped pregnancy pillow: Chilling Home Pregnancy Pillow with Velvet Cover
4.3 out of 5 stars (8,742)
More than 5,000 five-star reviewers rave about this velvet-covered U-shaped maternity pillow, saying it’s “life-changing.” Another critic who said it “feels like a hug” likes that the cover is “super soft and warm but [they] don’t get too hot to lay with it.” They report that when using the pillow (rather than pregnancy) for hip pain, they experienced “the best sleep I can remember” after purchase. Another reviewer on her fourth pregnancy says it’s “the best prego pillow I’ve ever bought” because the “cover is really plush” and the pillow itself “hugs perfectly with the extra space to double up on the ends.” And many reviewers appreciate that the cover is easy to clean, including one reviewer who said it “looked like it was pushing animal hairs”. They write, “I never felt hot or stuffy while using it and I love that it can be [adjusted] in different [positions]… Everyone needs one of these!”
6. Best memory-foam U-shaped pregnancy pillow: Milliard U Shaped Total Body Support Pillow Memory Foam
4.4 out of 5 stars (2,451)
Reviewers looking for a little extra support adore this Milliard pregnancy pillow filled with shredded memory foam. “It’s solid… My whole body is supported,” says one reviewer with sleep apnea, to prevent them from rolling on their back at night. (They love it so much that “they’re considering buying a second for my boyfriend’s house. I know I can’t sleep peacefully anywhere without him.”) He even helped another critic, who often turns around at night. sound sleep. “I instantly fell into comfort. He supports me wherever I need it. I fell asleep in a matter of minutes and had a solid seven hours of sleep with almost no turning around,” they write. And a third pregnant reviewer loves that memory foam helps them “get into the right position.” It helps me fall asleep fast and stay asleep (as much as possible).”
7. Best extra-long U-shaped pregnancy pillow: Meiz King-Size Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
4.5 out of 5 stars (8,935)
This 65-inch king-size pillow is best for those taller looking for full-body support. A five-foot-nine-year-old critic said, “Wow. It’s very comfortable. I got the extra-long one and I’m glad I did. I can fold it under my knees for back support… It stays cool. I highly recommend it.” Another, who was 20 weeks pregnant at the time of their review, shares that they bought this pillow “because sleeping has become a chore these days.” They write that their first night of using the pillow was “amazing” and that it was the “perfect length” for their five-foot-nine frame. “Lots of pillows to fold or support between my legs. The material of the pillowcase is great… it didn’t make me hot/sweaty and it wasn’t itchy or too hazy,” they assure. “I highly recommend this for pregnant girls or if you have back problems and have trouble sleeping!”
8. Best soft C-shaped pregnancy pillow: 1 Middle One Pregnancy Pillow, C Shaped Full Body Pillow
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,774)
Reviewers love this C-shaped pregnancy pillow, in part because of its soft yet supportive polyester filling. One reviewer who struggled to sleep in her second trimester says they’ve “slept through the night” since she bought it, describing the pillow as “very supportive, soft and flexible.” Another claims it’s “absolutely a must for back sleepers as you enter the second trimester and need to switch to side sleeping,” noting that it’s “the perfect thickness, really soft and a great size for ideal support.” And a third reviewer, who has never been able to sleep well in her previous pregnancies, goes so far as to call it a “PRAYER TO GOD.” They write, “[This] has made a huge difference. I have no back pain and sleep comfortably and comfortably on my side.”
9. Best firm C-shaped pregnancy pillow: Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow
4.5 out of 5 stars (10,976)
One reviewer bought it for his pregnant wife and reported that she was “obsessed with this huge pillow” so much that she couldn’t sleep without it, “even though our son is a month old. I think the worst part is that we’ve moved across the country and my little 4-foot-tall wife ran after me and sat on the Goliath pillow. I was stuck dragging this huge pillow from hotel to hotel while I was told it was dragged on the floor. And hundreds of reviewers appreciate how sturdy it is. One reviewer even describes it as “thick, firm and cushioned, a good “trunk” to provide comfortable support. I didn’t realize how much I was holding my body in place until I started using the pillow and saw my muscles relax.” But despite the intensity, it’s still beatable: “Whichever direction I go, it has the flexibility to adjust accordingly.”
10. Best low-profile pregnancy body pillow: Boppy Total Body Pregnancy Pillow
4.3 out of 5 stars (1,317)
This particular Boppy pillow is relatively short, which many pregnant people (and their partners) prefer to the more traditional long options that can be difficult to sleep around. One five-star reviewer wrote, “The half-cushion design prevents this pillow from covering our entire bed as others have done in the past.” “I can get a great night’s sleep without disturbing my husband.” “Looking for something small enough to sleep with my husband,” another reviewer loves this low-profile option and says it “helps support my belly and legs and reduce lower back and pelvic pain.” Others point out that it’s perfect for anyone who shares a queen size bed, including one reviewer who called their Boppy an “absolute lifesaver” for relieving hip and back pain.
When Should You Start Using a Pregnancy Pillow?
You don’t even have to wait to use a pregnancy pillow. However, there are several reasons why pregnant women may need to change their sleeping position and pillow depending on the pregnancy symptoms in which trimester they are experiencing. For example, heartburn and nausea in the first trimester can be alleviated by lying on your side rather than on your back. And people who normally sleep in the stomach will have to quit early if their chest hurts.
But the biggest reason why people need a body pillow or wedge pillow is that it is not recommended to sleep on the back after 20 weeks of pregnancy. This is because sleeping on your back causes the weight of the uterus to press on the vena cava, which is the main blood vessel, which can later slow down the flow of oxygen to your baby and make you dizzy or nauseous. At the same time, the growing lump may feel like it’s pulling you down when you lie on your side, and you may experience lower back or hip pain as your body changes. Another fun pregnancy bonus: Your increased blood flow can make you feel hotter than before. There are pillows that can alleviate all of these symptoms, at least a little, by supporting your fist, raising your leg, cooling your body, and supporting your back in a bouncy hug.
The Best Pregnancy Pillows Buying Guide
You can find all kinds of pregnancy pillows. the shape of a pillow
The type of support it provides. Some shapes are designed to support your entire body from head to toe, while smaller models support specific areas such as the back or abdomen. To choose the shape that works best for you, you need to consider where you need to support the most. We will take a closer look at the most common maternity pillow styles on the market.
- C-Shaped: This pillow model is long, thin, and curved. The C-shape is one of the most versatile styles of pregnancy pillows. It is not too bulky and allows you to arrange the shape in different ways depending on where you need support. You can place it lengthwise to create a full body pillow for cuddling while lying on your side, or fold it in half and use it to support your tummy, back, knees or shoulders.
- Wedge Pillows: Wedge pillows are the most compact style of pregnancy pillows. Although they do not offer full-body support, you can use these inexpensive pillows to strategically support various areas of your body. These are especially useful for providing support to your stomach and back. You can combine one or more wedge pillows with a larger pregnancy pillow for added support.
- U-Shaped: U-shaped pillows are designed to hug your entire body. With your head placed under the U, this style of the pillow provides secure support for your head and neck as well as both sides of your body. Despite being quite bulky, the U-shaped design still offers some versatility. You can sleep comfortably on your back in the early stages of pregnancy and then switch to side sleeping with excellent support for your stomach, back and knees.
- Inflatable Pillows: Inflatable pillows are typically the largest pregnancy pillows available and are designed to accommodate stomach sleepers. If you’re a lifelong stomach sleeper, it can be difficult to suddenly have to change your sleeping style on top of other pregnancy-related ailments. Inflatable pillows provide full-body cushioning with a hole in the middle to fit your baby’s tummy.
- Other Styles: Mattress companies can get creative when it comes to the shape of their maternity pillow, so shoppers may come across unique shapes that don’t fit into any of the above categories. Other shapes include the teardrop shape, designed to be a small, versatile support pillow, and the halter shape, designed to encourage side sleeping.
You May Also Like>>
3 thoughts on “The Best Pregnancy Pillows on Amazon 2022”