Egg Nutrition Facts: Egg consumption is very common all over the world. Because it is both delicious and healthy, everyone consumes eggs, from large to small. Egg consumption can sometimes be excessive. Such situations are dangerous. Like everything else, too much egg consumption is harmful. Are there any side effects of eggs? How should eggs be consumed? Are eggs good for the skin? What are the benefits of boiled eggs? What are the calories and nutritional value of eggs, how many eggs should be eaten a day? Here are all the details .Egg Nutrition Facts.
Egg Nutrition Facts: Calories and Nutritional Value of Egg
Eggs Calorific Value: This nutrient is 100 grams per 154 kcal calorie, further nutrient 1 Unit (Intermediate) i.e. 50 in the amount of grams of egg 77 calories convenience.
* Percentage daily values were calculated based on a 2000 calorie daily diet. These values may be more or less depending on your daily calorie need.
The egg is a food rich in protein, folic acid, phosphorus, iron, and zinc. It contains amino acids that the body needs, it is of high quality. Healthy individuals can consume it every day instead of meat or cheese. Those with high cholesterol can consume 2-3 times a week
From the average of the foods in our egg food database;
- 58 % fewer calories
- 71 % more protein
- 100 % fewer carbohydrates
- 22 % more fat contains.
The egg takes most of its calories ( 64 % ) from fat. You can use the macronutrient calculator to calculate the macro according to your weight.
Nutritional Values by 1 Piece Quantity
You can see the nutritional values and amounts in the table for 1 piece amount for an egg.
|Nutritive value||In 100 grams||1 Piece / 50 g|
|Calorie||154 kcal||77.0 kcal|
|Carbohydrate||0.70 g||0.0 g|
|Fiber||0.0 g||0.0 g|
|Protein||12.9 g||6.5 g|
|Oil||11.2 g||5.6 g|
|Cholesterol||396.0 mg||39600.0 mg|
|Vitamin A||278.0 IU||139.0 IU|
|C vitamin||0.0 mg||0.0 mg|
|Potassium||147.0 mg||73.5 mg|
|Calcium||56.0 mg||28.0 mg|
|Iron||2.1 mg||1.1 mg|
Benefits of Eggs
- It strengthens the immune system.
- It has a great effect on muscle and bone development.
- It is very beneficial for muscles as it contains a high amount of protein.
- It nourishes the body with the amino acids and vitamins it contains.
- It is very useful for eye health and benefits eye disorders.
- It raises good cholesterol.
- It protects heart health.
- It is good for memory problems.
- It is very beneficial for brain health.
- It increases the body’s iron level.
Although it is a very useful food, egg also has some negative features. These are usually the result of excessive consumption.
- An egg contains 75 calories. Eating 3 eggs during the day means consuming too many calories. This causes weight gain.
- Fat intake increases if too many eggs are consumed. Increasing fat also increases the risk of heart disease.
- If someone with high cholesterol eats, the cholesterol increases even more. This increases the risk of heart disease.
- In excessive consumption, there is a risk of developing diabetes.
- May cause fatty liver disease.
Benefits of Eggs for Children
It is very beneficial for children to consume one egg a day. Some of these benefits are:
- Egg consumption is good for eye health. Affects yellow spot disease in the eye.
- It eliminates problems such as forgetfulness.
- It is very effective in bone development.
- It helps a lot in bone development.
Benefits of Boiled Eggs
It is very useful in the form of boiled eggs, which are useful in every way. Some known benefits about boiled eggs include:
- It helps muscle and bone development and this is very important for those who do sports.
- It fights heart health problems.
- It is very effective against breast cancer.
- It is good for inflammation.
It meets the body’s iron need.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- It is a natural cleaner.
- It prevents the formation of cataracts.
Benefits of Eggs to Skin
Egg, which is effective against many diseases, is a very beneficial food for the skin. Both eating and applying to the skin can produce very good results. Some of the effects of eggs on the skin are:
- It tightens the skin.
- It prevents aging.
- It removes excess oil from the skin.
- Helps shrink pores.
- Oil dissolves accumulated pores.
- It brightens the skin.
- It is good for acne problems.
- It prevents acne formation.
Benefits of Egg Whites
It is said that the healthiest food after breast milk is egg whites. The benefits of egg whites are as follows:
- It supports immunity.
- It protects from cancer thanks to the selenium in it.
- It prevents skin aging by using masks.
- It fights viruses in the body.
- If a mask is made with egg white, pimples disappear.
Eating Extra Boiled Eggs
According to the famous expert Canan Karatay, eggs should not be overcooked. If the egg is overcooked or boiled, it loses its usefulness. And in addition, it becomes harmful to health. If an egg is in a green or gray state due to overcooking, that egg has become harmful for humans.
Egg Side Effects
- People who make an egg mask can cause allergies to egg whites. In such cases, it shows side effects.
- Raw egg whites can cause the body to deplete biotin. If biotin is deficient, muscle and coordination deficiency, muscle cramps and pain, hair loss, and seizures can be seen.
- May cause allergic reactions. People who are allergic to egg white may experience skin problems such as flaking, redness, and itching.
- Too much protein is very dangerous for people with kidney problems, and if eggs are consumed too much, the body may overload protein.