The appearance of dark spots on the skin is generally considered an aesthetic problem. However, there are some natural remedies that can help you lighten dark spots and even out your skin tone.
The appearance of dark spots on the skin or hyperpigmentation is a common aesthetic problem. Hyperpigmentation usually occurs as a result of age, but it can also occur due to sun exposure, the use of certain drugs, or some diseases.
Would you like to learn about some natural remedies to lighten dark spots?
If yes, read on!
You may also like this article: 12 Best Homemade Skin Masks- Main Factors Affecting Your Skin
5 Solutions To Lighten The Dark Spots On The Skin
Most of these methods are aggressive or expensive
There are many natural remedies to lighten dark spots. These are traditional and natural formulas. While positive results are mostly only anecdotal data, some studies, such as this study published in Planta Medica, suggest that the ingredients of such natural remedies may have positive effects on hyperpigmentation.
Give them a try!
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
It can minimize the blemishes that may appear in various parts of the skin.
However, if you want to try this solution at your own risk, you can follow this procedure:
How to use
- First, mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Then apply it to the dark spots and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it off with plenty of lukewarm water.
The anti-blemish effect of vinegar is based on acetic acid, which rebuilds the barrier of the skin.
2. Red Onion
Using dried onion skins can help minimize hyperpigmentation.
How to use
The best way to take advantage of this material is to use creams containing its extracts. However, you can also use the onion skins as a natural and inexpensive solution.
Soak the shells in olive oil or coconut oil
3. Remedies to Reduce Blemishes: Aloe Vera
In addition to being one of the most recommended natural ingredients to moisturize the dermis, aloe vera stands out among solutions to reduce blemishes.
It can help delay skin aging and reduce excessive pigmentation in some areas.
How to use
- First, extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Then apply it to your dark spots before going to bed.
- You can leave it on your skin without rinsing it until the next morning.
Aloe vera has interesting benefits on your skin health and provides optimal moisturization.
4. Black Tea
Helps to prevent the negative effects of free radicals.
How to use
- First, add a tablespoon of black tea to a glass of boiling water.
- Then let it sit for about two hours. When the two hours are over, strain the tea and let only the liquid remain.
- Finally, when it’s ready, dip a cotton ball into the liquid and rub it on your dark spots.
5.Tomato: A Natural Solution to Lighten Dark Spots
High lycopene contents provide a protective effect. and the early appearance of wrinkles
How to use
- Preferably with raw or olive oil
- Apply the mask to the problem areas of your skin and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- After this time, rinse with warm water and pat dry.
Related to These Solutions to Lighten the Color of Dark Spots
That it may take time for them to work and the results to appear.
However, it is always best to consult a dermatologist before making any changes in your life habits.
If you think the spots are related to an underlying medical condition or medications you are taking, seek professional help.
- Ali, SA, Galgut, JM, & Choudhary, RK (2012). On the novel action of melanolysis by a leaf extract of Aloe vera and its active ingredient aloin, potent skin depigmenting agents. Planta medica , 78 (08), 767-771. https://www.thieme-connect.com/products/ejournals/abstract/10.1055/s-0031-1298406
- Arung, ET, Wijaya Kusuma, I., Shimizu, K., & Kondo, R. (2011). Tyrosinase inhibitory effect of quercetin 4′-O-β-D-glucopyranoside from dried skin of red onion (Allium cepa). Natural product research , 25 (3), 256-263. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14786411003754256?src=recsys&journalCode=gnpl20&
- Reveny, J., Surjanto, TJ, & Lois, C. (2016). Formulation of aloe juice (Aloe vera (L) Burm. F.) Sheet mask as anti ‐ aging. Int J Pharmtech Res , 9 , 105-111. https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/efe4/c11b5c167f2d5c64c5d7f0429d06a39fbb12.pdf
- Rizwan, M., Rodriguez ‐ Blanco, I., Harbottle, A., Birch ‐ Machin, MA, Watson, REB, & Rhodes, LE (2011). Tomato paste rich in lycopene protects against cutaneous photodamage in humans in vivo: a randomized controlled trial.British Journal of Dermatology, 164(1), 154-162. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1365-2133.2010.10057.x