How to clean the tongue: Despite its importance, language cleaning is not valued. How is tongue cleaning done in this article? I will touch on the question and the details of language cleaning.
Most people I know don’t pay attention to tongue cleansing. My observations show that the situation is similar in the rest of society.
But contrary to popular belief, tongue cleaning is not a luxury but a necessity for oral and body health!
As such, I would like to explain to you the subtleties and importance of tongue cleaning.
What is tongue cleaning in this article? From the question, how to clean the tongue? I will touch on many issues until the question and answer the questions.
If you are ready we go!
What is tongue cleaning?
You gargle, brush your teeth, take good care of your stomach, but the bad taste of your mouth never changes, on top of that, a terrible bad breath is always with you.
Sound familiar? I’m sure you have a similar problem at some point.
Well, have you ever thought there was something you forgot? Like your language that you do not clean?
It may have come mixed up. Let me explain.
Your mouth is home to millions of lives from many different types of bacteria and fungi. Life forms cover every part of your mouth and the daily cleaning process helps keep bacteria in balance.
It creates a wonderful environment for bacteria to grow on your tongue and hosts bacteria. So an uncleaned language always means a potential outpost where harmful bacteria can rapidly multiply.
For this reason, tongue cleaning is important to keep oral bacteria in balance and to protect your body.
Benefits of tongue cleaning
You may still be taking tongue cleaning lightly. However, the tongue cleaning you can complete with 1-2 extra moves while brushing your teeth is of great benefit.
Let me mention some of the things that come to my mind about tongue cleansing that are important points.
Cleaning your tongue
- You control the bacterial population. Bacteria under control help protect your oral and dental health.
- You help to get rid of bad breath.
- You prevent the spread of bacteria on the tongue (tonsils, esophagus, etc.) by overgrowing.
- You prevent harmful components absorbed by the biofilm formed by bacteria and bacteria from entering your body.
- You scrape the bacteria covering the taste buds on your tongue. This allows you to taste better.
Also, the better you taste, the more saliva you secrete. This makes the digestive process starts in your mouth more efficient.
It may sound strange, but part of your digestion is directly related to the bacteria in your mouth.
So do you know exactly what a dirty tongue looks like? I’ve prepared an example for you below.
As you can see, the backline of the language structure on the left has changed color and a layer has formed on it.
The “biofilm” layer formed by these bacteria and used to protect themselves. Therefore, you cannot clean the bacteria under the layer with mouthwash.
As you can see, the existing layer has begun to move towards the tip of the tongue and the taste buds on the back of the tongue have become almost invisible.
After the tongue is cleaned, the first thing that catches my attention is the back of the tongue. It is clean and free of biofilm layer. After cleaning in this way, it will take time for bacteria to regroup, as it is difficult to form biofilms again.
In addition, as you can see on the clean tongue, the taste buds can be selected in their natural colors.
You can easily distinguish between dirty and clean tongue by checking your tongue in the mirror according to this data.
How is tongue cleaning done?
For the language cleaning method, you must first choose a vehicle. Because there are many different tools you can choose from.
To clean your tongue:
- You can use a spoon. If you are going to use a spoon, separate the spoon you use if possible, and always use it.
- You can use a tongue cleaner. These types of apparatuses have very different structures and different sizes. This is where the marketing aspect of the business comes into play. Studies have not found any difference in the effectiveness of toothbrush and tongue cleaner apparatus in terms of tongue cleaning ( 1 ). As a result, do not be overly selective when buying a tongue cleaner, it is sufficient that the product is produced with healthy material.
You can use a toothbrush or tongue brush. Again, I suggest you buy your tongue brush special or separate your toothbrush as a tongue brush.
To do a tongue cleaning:
- Choose after a long hunger. Morning hours are quite suitable for this description. (After long starvation the bacteria are the densest and the thickest of the biofilm layer.)
- Extend the cleaning attachment to the very back of your tongue (watch out for the gag reflex) and brush or scrape starting from the middle. You don’t need to be harsh.
- Continue cleaning from front to back.
- Finish the process in about 1-2 minutes.
- Then use apple cider vinegar or coconut oil to thoroughly disinfect your mouth.
- Repeat this process every day.
Tongue cleaning: summary
Tongue cleaning is an important activity to protect general body health, especially oral health. In addition, you do not need to spend serious time and effort.
You can simply clean your tongue using a toothbrush anytime you brush your teeth (preferably in the morning).
- Bad breath
- Impaired digestion,
- Toxin and harmful substance intake,
- Oral health deterioration,
- Decreased sense of taste,
- You can troubleshoot.
I gave details about tongue removal that will be useful in your daily life.
Now it’s your turn. Take a short time to clean the tongue and do not forget to share your feelings with me after the tongue cleaning via comments. I’m sure you won’t regret it.
The page content is for informational purposes only. Items containing information about therapeutic health services are not included in the content of the page. Consult your physician for diagnosis and treatment.