Plank Exercise or wood exercise helps to tighten various parts of your body, including your legs, hips, back, and abdomen.
The Plank Exercise or wooden exercise is a constant exercise. This means that if you raise your thumbs up, you have to stay in the same position for a while.
The Plank Exercise or wood movement is one of the most popular movements among modern types of exercise. The emergence of this movement, which is performed without the need for any equipment with body strength, is based on sports such as pilates and yoga.
Plank, which effectively works the cross, side, and flat abdominal muscles, is a type of exercise that does not put unnecessary load on the spine and strengthen the back muscles. Regular board movements not only increase the metabolic rate but also help those who suffer from back weight to reduce their pain.
What is Plank Exercise or wood movement?
Plank exercise; It is called a type of exercise that develops the legs and chest muscles, especially the abdominal muscles, and to build 45 degrees with the ground. When the Plank exercise is applied properly, it enables the development of bodily features such as strength, balance, and endurance.
It is possible to enter the form in a short time with the board that allows fast calorie burning. Exercise, which has benefits such as proper standing and strengthening of the neck muscles, also contributes to improving overall body coordination. In addition to providing flexibility to the shoulders, biceps, and chest muscles, it also improves the hip and foot muscles.
How to do Plank Exercise or wood movement at home?
A yoga mat is enough to make the board at home. You can easily do board exercises in a suitable area by wearing your sports clothes. You need to open your legs in shoulder widths, put your elbows and toes on the ground by doing push-ups on the floor. By tightening your abdominal muscles, you must remain stationary in this position for at least 15-20 seconds and repeat the movement in several sets. If you are a newcomer, these times will be enough, and when you develop over time, you can increase your standing up to 1-2 minutes.
1. Side Plank Exercise
For this Plank Exercise or movement that can be applied to work the side abdominal muscles, let the mat lie side by side and try to stay in the air with the support of your right foot and right elbow on the ground. Keeping your body steady, wait at least 15-20 seconds during this time. After resting for 1 minute at the end of the exercise, apply the same movement for the left side.
2. Plank on one elbow
After standing on the side mat, your right elbow and foot stand in the air, stand parallel to the ground and raise your empty arm. Bring your feet together. This way, wait at least 15 seconds without disrupting your body shape. Compared to the sideboard movement, a single elbow board movement provides more work on the side abdominal muscles.
3. Animated plank
The moving board, which is more difficult than other movements, is made in two stages. Raise your right arm and left leg after taking the Plank starting position. Then lift your left arm and right leg into the air. You should wait at least 15 seconds in each position without breaking your balance. The mobile board exercise effectively operates the abdominal muscles as well as the arm muscles.
To stay in this position, you must contract and relax your abdominal muscles. Your hips should stay in the air, not fall down, so you should be able to stand for a few minutes.
You can start with 1 or 2 minutes first, but the main idea of this exercise is to increase endurance and reach at least 5 minutes with a regular increase.
- Feet: You may have difficulty maintaining balance, so you should increase the strength in your abdominal muscles.
- Legs: The legs should be straight and adjacent to put pressure on your abdominal muscles and lumbar spine.
- Hips: Your hips should be straight during this exercise. In this way, countless muscles in your back area are activated.
- Waist: Your waist area is very important to successfully complete this movement. Your waist should be straight as you move. In no case should you bend your waist, not approach the ground.
- Abdominal muscles: This exercise makes you feel pressured by tightening your abdominal muscles. However, do not hold your breath and continue to breathe regularly.
- Elbows: Your elbows should be under your shoulders, and you should also keep them straight to prevent stretching.
Tips for Beginners
The main idea of the wooden exercise is to stand as much as possible in this position. It is not an easy exercise, but its benefits are incredible. If you are not used to doing too much exercise and want to start this movement, you can start by holding down the board position for 10 or 15 seconds first.
If you exercise regularly, you can start up to 2 minutes initially. Then you can take a break and repeat 5 times. In this way, you can increase the minutes gradually.
If you’re just starting this move and don’t have a sports history, don’t try to enter the Guinness Book of Records. Remember that you need to increase your time gradually and regularly to do this movement smoothly for minutes.
Benefits of plank or Wooden Exercise
- Firmer hip muscles: This exercise allows the muscles behind the hips and knees to work. Thus, both your hip muscles become tight and your cellulite decreases.
- A stronger back: The wood workout exercises your back, shoulder and neck muscles. This movement is recommended because it is good for pain in the neck and lumbar vertebrae. It is also great for stretching your back muscles if you work with weights.
- Tight legs: You will feel burning in your legs while doing this movement. Don’t worry, this means you’re doing it right.
- A flat stomach: This position allows your side and lower abdominal muscles to contract and stretch.
You’ll also like: