Benefits of caffeine: Caffeine is a very beneficial and magical substance if consumed in the right amount. However, harmful aspects are also seen in places. Regardless of our position as the producer of the world’s highest caffeine coffee, we analyzed caffeine in a completely objective manner. We have answered questions such as caffeine, caffeine effects, benefits of caffeine, caffeine harms in detail for you in this article.
What Is Caffeine?
Caffeine is a natural substance. It is generally found in the structure of plants. Caffeine takes its place in the list of substances that stimulate the brain in the field of pharmacology. It is known for having a stimulating and stimulating effect. It stimulates the nervous system differently in each person and gives the person vigor for a while. Caffeine, which is found in more than 50 plants on earth, is found in different parts of each plant. It may occur in the leaves of some plants, while in the root part of others. By collecting and drying these plants, caffeine becomes consumable. It is concentrated in beverages and at a certain level in foods.
Caffeine affects the person beneficial or harmful in many ways, depending on the purpose of use. You too can be an athlete who wants to break a record in training, a student who needs to prepare for his exams or someone who spends long hours at a desk. Here are the benefits and harms of caffeine that appeal to everyone;
Caffeine Benefits, What Does It Do?
Benefits of caffeine: Caffeine has positive effects on health as well as its damages. Curious caffeine benefits can be better explained by the following list:
- If you need to not sleep and need the energy to keep up your work, caffeine will give you vigor at this point. You can stay up for a few more hours with caffeinated drinks.
- Caffeinated foods have an effect on metabolism. Especially coffee that is drunk without sugar is known to be a fat-burning beverage.
- With the caffeine substance in green tea, edema is easily removed. The removal of edema means speeding up the weight loss process.
- Caffeine is used in many ways, not only in the food field but also in the chemical field. You can kill some insect species with caffeinated drugs. Caffeine will be at work for plants to be more vigorous and long-lasting.
- Consuming caffeine at a certain rate will protect liver health.
- Caffeine is a source of energy for athletes. It accelerates the blood flow and provides the strength the athlete needs.
- The caffeine draws attention with its pain-relieving properties. Therefore, caffeine can be consumed in conditions such as headaches and bone pain. You can get caffeine from tea or coffee.
- Caffeine enables the adrenal glands to work actively. It supports more comfortable breathing by supporting the secretion of adrenaline.
Caffeine Harm and Side Effects
Caffeine is often found in hot and cold beverages, some teas, and foods, and when consumed, enters the bloodstream. As a result of research by experts, the benefits and harms of caffeine have been determined. Now we have listed the health effects and harms of caffeine for you. We recommend that you take a look before consuming:
- People who consume coffee and tea during the day should say stop when it reaches a certain level. Because tea and coffee contain caffeine. A maximum of 3 cups of coffee and 6 cups of tea will be ideal for the person. In excessive consumption, primarily causes insomnia.
- Frequent urination can be seen among the caffeine harms. This situation may cause you stressful processes in business and travel environments. Too much urination causes the minerals in the body to be expelled.
- If you suffer from heart disease, moderation is recommended when consuming caffeine. Because caffeine triggers heart palpitations.
- Anemia is among the effects of caffeine. In people who drink caffeinated beverages frequently, iron absorption is restricted and anemia occurs as a result of this situation.
- Among the damages of caffeine, stomach problems will also be noted. It will increase the amount of acid secreted in the stomach and cause stomach diseases.
- If you have pets at home, you should definitely keep these animals away from caffeinated beverages. Because the pet’s system is not capable of digesting caffeine and can cause death.
How long does the caffeine effect last?
When caffeine enters the blood, it will be effective from person to person. You can see the effect after about 15 minutes when caffeine is taken. High amounts of caffeine will normally be effective for a maximum of 6 hours. However, it can remain for up to 11 hours during pregnancy, which is dangerous for consumption. For this reason, doctors prohibit caffeine intake of pregnant women. Because caffeine is effective for almost 100 hours in the unborn baby.
We have stated at the beginning of the page that caffeine is found in the structure of some plants. But it would be good to clarify this explanation a little more. When choosing food and drink, it is your most natural right to know which food contains caffeine. For this reason, we wanted to express the foods that contain caffeine as follows:
- In some pain relievers that are stated to contain caffeine
- In the types of chocolate
- In cola types
- In cold tea varieties
- In tea
- In Turkish coffee
- Nescafe types
- In energy drinks
- In filter coffee options
- Some herbal teas, such as green tea, contain caffeine.
How much Caffeine should we consume?
Caffeine needs vary greatly from person to person. Factors such as a person’s mass, body, and sensitivity to caffeine causing the need to change to the same extent. The average daily consumption is 4-6 mg per kilogram. should be between. For example, the maximum amount of caffeine that an 80-kilogram person should take daily is 480 mg. The average is 350 mg. Taking caffeine provides the energy it needs. 150 mg per cup in regular coffees. caffeine. In one serving of Taft Coffee (prepared with 15 gr. Coffee) 350 mg. caffeine. In this way, you can get your coffee from 2.5 cups of normal.
What Are Caffeine-Free Beverages?
Some people become sensitive to caffeine, which is defined as a caffeine allergy. These people should drink decaffeinated beverages Our list, which will be a beverage guide for people with caffeine allergies, is as follows:
- White tea
- Apple tea
- Orange tea
- Rooibos tea
- Jasmine tea
- Echinacea tea
- Chamomile tea
- Fruit milk
How Is Caffeine Eliminated?
Caffeine poisoning can occur when more than 5 grams of caffeine is taken during the day. A few symptoms will be enough to know that you are poisoning. Difficulty in breathing, severe headache, and loss of appetite are among these symptoms. In such cases, you need to throw out excess caffeine in your body. Otherwise, you may feel tired and sick for a long time. To remove the caffeine from the body:
- You should drink plenty of water.
- You can get rid of caffeine by moving. It will be easy to expel caffeine from your body through sweating.
- You can reduce the effect of caffeine by eating bananas.
- You can suppress the effect of caffeine by consuming magnesium-rich foods such as nuts or avocados.
- You can drink warm lemon water to go to the sink. Warm lemon water will run your metabolism in a very short time and will remove the caffeine from your body.
How to Understand Caffeine Addiction?
Caffeine addiction is not a substance addiction. First of all, it is necessary to clarify this issue. Caffeine addiction is the habit of the body towards caffeinated beverages. According to the results of the studies, if a person consumes caffeine regularly for 7 days; At the end of the 7th day, when he is not taking caffeine, he will want coffee or tea severely. If you consume more than 4 cups of coffee a day and drink more than 7 cups of tea, you may be a caffeine addict. If a headache or a feeling of tiredness occurs when you do not consume coffee or tea, you may consider yourself a caffeine addict.
People who consume caffeine frequently may experience deprivation. This situation is usually dealt with psychologically. Caffeine, which is needed when starting the day, between work rushes or while studying, has become a habit. If the person does not consume coffee or tea for a few hours, he or she will feel tired and exhausted. This situation is accepted as a game made by the brain to the person. More than the amount of caffeine an adult should take during the day will threaten health with its harms. Still try to be cautious while consuming!
Does caffeine improve memory?
To study the effects of caffeine on memory at John Hopkins University in the United States, Psychology and Brain Sciences Asst. Assoc. Dr. An experiment was conducted by Michael Yassa. In the experiment, which was carried out with the participation of 160 people who do not have the habit of drinking coffee/caffeine, various objects were shown to the subjects and they were asked to work on them for 5 minutes and keep them in mind. Later, 200 mg caffeine tablets were given to half of the subjects. The other half were not given any caffeine-containing food. It was observed that the subjects who took caffeine the day after the experiment remembered the objects much better than the others. Dr. Yassa inferred from this experiment that caffeine positively affected human memory and the learning process.
Is caffeine harmful to children?
Caffeine has no special effect on children. The most important point is the amount of caffeine. If it takes more than the upper limit of caffeine, it is harmful to everyone, not children. As long as the amount is not exaggerated, it will not cause any harm, regardless of whether you are a child or an adult.